Germany: Schleswig-Holstein Sarah Johnstone

ISBN:

Published: March 1st 2007

Kindle Edition


Description

Germany: Schleswig-Holstein  by  Sarah Johnstone

Germany: Schleswig-Holstein by Sarah Johnstone
March 1st 2007 | Kindle Edition | PDF, EPUB, FB2, DjVu, AUDIO, mp3, ZIP | | ISBN: | 6.63 Mb

Discover Germany. Includes FREE planning and background information. Cows and coastline – these are the two faces of Schleswig-Holstein’s split personality. But while this flat peninsula between the North and Baltic Seas is 70% covered in farmland,MoreDiscover Germany. Includes FREE planning and background information. Cows and coastline – these are the two faces of Schleswig-Holstein’s split personality. But while this flat peninsula between the North and Baltic Seas is 70% covered in farmland, it’s the other 30% that interests most visitors.

Sandy beaches, jaunty red-and-white striped lighthouses, fjords, sandpipers and seals have traditionally made this Germany’s stay-at-home summer retreat. Since reunification in 1990 more adventurous souls have been heading to Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. However, the islands off Schleswig-Holstein’s western coast remain the country’s answer to the Côte d’Azur. Of course, the northern European weather makes for a funny sort of answer, as cold winds and dark clouds periodically drive the hardiest holidaymakers from their Strandkörbe (sheltered straw seats).

Yet, there’s something unusually beguiling about the state’s wide horizons, grass-covered dunes and meandering canals. Snuggled up against Denmark, Schleswig-Holstein belonged solely to that country until 1864 and you’ll find Scandinavian overtones and remnants of a Viking past, particularly in the town of Schleswig, which also boasts the state’s best art museum.



Enter the sum





Related Archive Books



Related Books


Comments

Comments for "Germany: Schleswig-Holstein":


martasolinska.pl

©2011-2020 | DMCA | Contact us